Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The de-evolution of man

I wasn't sure at first, but now it's become pretty clear that the human race is getting dumber. It's the little things that make the changes so evident. Why is it when the batteries in the remote control are dead, people either push the buttons really hard, or stretch their arm all way out to get closer to the TV? Do you see what I mean? Men and women are likening themselves to Neaderthals everyday and not even noticing. Okay, maybe that's a little too cruel, but we are definitely becoming decidedly un-civilized. The most disgusting display of this? I can tell you. Overweight men who wear t-shirts that hang just an inch or so above the waist of their jeans. Unfortunately, their hairy stomachs hang two or three inchs over the waistband of said jeans. Leaving a sight which is better not visualized, but I'm sure you know what I mean. Don't laugh yet, ladies. Because some of us are just as bad. A tip: if the sweater/blouse/t-shirt is so snug that you have to keep tugging it down every few seconds, then that means it is too small, and find something else to wear. If the bulges that show around your bra are bigger than the bulges in your bra, then, once again wear something baggier. I'm not trying to be mean. (Well.......) All I'm saying is that people don't care how they look or act anymore. I saw a woman in Giant Eagle wearing a faux fur coat, red sweat pants, a floral scarf on her head, and clogs on her bare feet. I'm assuming here that she doesn't own a mirror. In a nutshell people, even if you're only running to Walmart, take a look at yourself as you walk out the door.

No comments: