Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Napoleon Dynamite

My cousin has a 15 year old daughter who thinks 'Napoleon Dynamite' is the best thing to ever come to the screen. She and her mother have watched it so much they started calling their dog 'Tina' and 'Fat Lard'. I'm sorry to all of you that think this is a cinematic gem....Napoleon was actually painful for me to watch. The 80's was my prime time. I remember carrying a TrapperKeeper, and pegging my jeans, and using a big pink Caboodle for my makeup and friendship bracelets, and wearing the weird hairstyle with big bangs and the rest of the hair all swept up and over to one side. I was never happier than when those fads died. Also, I can't imagine that when Napoleon gets the girl at the end, they actually go play tetherball together. I would have been at Pedro's partying with the cousins! In all fairness, Pedro was the best part of the movie. I actually do like the part when he decided to bake a cake to get the popular girl to go out with him. Okay, so I liked 10 minutes out of the entire movie. What scares me the most is that there are teens out there today who like this move a lot! Which means when they get older and go out into the real world to get jobs, some of them are going to end up in the movie industry. Which, naturally, means more movies of this same caliber. God save us all.

No comments: