Friday, April 11, 2008

Don't panic..... I'm here now.

Okay people listen up. Now that I have officially been put in charge, there are going to be some drastic changes around here. This has been a long time coming, but it will be all right now. First and foremost is the issue of my official title. We should have our priorities, after all. I prefer "The Fairest Queen Amanda" but only because "The All-Knowing Trash Heap" is already taken.

Don't worry, I'm keeping everything fairly simple. And there's no point arguing, I'm not listening.

Let's start with the basics: Income tax is gone. No more of that crap. From now on, everybody just keep what they make. If you make $7/hour, that is what you will take home. Daylight Savings Time is a thing of the past as well. But only because no one has ever given me a truly good explanation or reason for it. Next, there will no longer, *ever* be a change in postal rates. I'm tired of buying new stamps every six months.

Now for those important little details:
Businesses must now keep set hours for everyday they are open. Example: My bank is open from 8-4 Monday thru Wednesday, 8:30-5 on Thursday, 8-5 on Friday, and 9:30-3:30 on Saturday. That is just damn ridiculous and nobody can ever remember when they are allowed in. The bank is officially open from 8-5.

Clothing sizes will become standard among brands. Example: I bought 3 pairs of jeans from three manufacturers. They all fit me exactly the same. One pair is an 8, one is a 10, and one is a 12. Again, ridiculously complicated.

On that same note: printer ink cartridges and cell phone chargers are also now going to be industry-wide standard.

Only the driver of the car is allowed to see or speak. Just like seat belts, it will now be law that all passengers who enter a car be blindfolded and gagged. I have three kids, I don't think I need to give an example on this one.

All movies will now be given an intelligence rating as well as a violence/language one. So that really dumb movie can be rated PG-13/D- and you can save the $8 on a movie ticket. I'm talking to you people who made things like Lake Placid 2 and Judge Dread.

Children's names like Ztyphannie and Braetleighn are now forbidden.

Those who have the hardest (yet least recognized) positions in the world, like teachers and nurses, are my Deputy Queens and should be treated accordingly.

And finally:
Thou shalt not yell at a police officer for giving you a ticket that you *know* you deserve
Thou shalt not throw garbage in thy neighbor's yard
Thou shalt not talk about a great party in front of those who are not invited
Thou shalt not talk or use text messaging in a theatre or cinema
Thou shalt not dispense of any body fluids in public places
Thou shalt not honk a horn/blare a radio in a residential neighborhood before 7 am
Thou shalt not take up more than one parking space in a lot

As always, these subjects are subject to change at any time, for any reason, or even just because I have a headache.

6 comments:

Grinningcomb said...

aww come on Fairest Queen Amanda Judge Dread is a GREAT movie. One you sit and laugh at and make fun of and giggle at all the corny dialog.

Krista said...

LOL, I love your list. :)

--Krista/CelticGemini

E said...

Nice, but I'm already King... please see thingswillbedifferentwheniamking.blogspot.com

The Absent Minded Housewife said...

But what if I really really really need to honk to announce that I'm taking a whizz in the middle of the street, in the middle of the night, after a raging party I didn't invite you to, right in front of your house?

Unfair.

Anonymous said...

That would make life way too simple, so none of it will ever happen. And what's with the "Thou Shalt Nots"? Are you Queen or Goddess?

Amanda said...

And what's with the "Thou Shalt Nots"? Are you Queen or Goddess?

Both of course!!!
Did I forget: Thou Shalt Not disagree with Fairest Queen Amanda ;-)