Thursday, March 20, 2008

I turn my back for one minute.....


Let me preface this by saying my toddler (2 years old) is fat. No horrible Maury Povich-worthy fat. But he's really really chubby. He is also a nudist. He hates clothes. I can get him to keep his training pants on, but that's about it.


Now, I was cooking dinner yesterday. The toddler was 'helping' mommy. And by 'helping' I mean he was dragging all the pots and pans out and banging on them loudly with a wooden spoon. He would also occasionally try to scale the pantry shelves. What would I do without that kind of help? My older 2 boys decided to play outside before dinner. Fine. Great, actually.


Toddler disappears and becomes very quiet. Any mother of a small child instinctively knows this is not good. The naive ones might think 'Oh, the little dear has gone off to amuse himself.' But us veterans are thinking 'Great, he's probably dismantling the computer or trying to put the turtle in the VCR.'

I happen into the study. Where, thankfully, I find him. He has found a pair of my Middle Son's pants. (which, oh lord, almost fit him even though Middle Son is 4 years older) He has also found OlderSon's shoes, a pair of gloves and a toboggan. He was trying to make a break for the (*locked*) front door. (Hey, I told you I was a veteran, what did you think?)
Trust me people. He may look cute, but that is all just a way to lull you into his trap.



No comments: