Friday, July 01, 2005

may God grant a Y chromosome

Okay, this whole baby thing again........
My husband decided he's going to name the baby. We won't even know what is it for another month or so. But, he has already decided on a name for either. I'm not going to disclose the names at the moment. The boy name isn't too bad. I could live with it. Which I know isn't how you're supposed to feel about your child's name, but I'll take whatever I can get. However, the girl name he has choosen is so bad, that I actually lie awake at night scared to death its going to be a girl. There's been a few times that I have cried over this. I am honetsly petrified that I'll burst into tears at the ultrasound if it shoes we're having a girl. Beofer he broke out these names, I really couldnt't have cared less which we got. We have two boys, so it would've been alright to make 3 of a kind. On the other hand, since we do have 2 boys, a girl would've been a nice change of place.
But since the advent of this atrocious name, I am praying for another boy. What am I supposed to do in a situation like this? I've told him over and over and over again how I feel about it. But, he just shakes his head with this smile on his face and say's "Nope, it's gonna be ______ for a girl" like it's a joke or something. No parenting magazine has ever covered this particular subject. I've conisdered what options I do have, and they all look terrifyingly bleak:
1. I could consider widow-hood before the birth.
2. Secretly pay off the nurses to switch babies.
3. Dope him up after the birth and fill out the certificate while he's out cold.
4. Tell him that the name he's picked turns out to be the #1 ranked name for little girls in Iraq.
5. Reverse psychology: start using the name so often he wants to throw up every time he hears it.
6. Point out ugly babies and say "Hey, her name is ____, too!"
7. Tell him it translates to a swear word in Swahilli/Eskimo/ or other obsure language.
8. Finally, give in and let him name the baby and just call her "It" or "Hey You"

No comments: