Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I'm back! New...not so improved

I can't believe it's been almost a year and a half since I posted. I actually surprised myself by even remembering my original log-in and password to the site. My life is so hectic, I almost forgot my address when I was ordering pizza earlier.

I wish I could say that my life has changed soooo drastically, but really, not so much. With 2 elementary-aged boys around the house all day, plus the Toddler, I'm in a bit of a rut. Even if the older boys were in regular public school it would still be rough. Ugh..terrible twos. And if one more person tells me that the three-year-olds are worse, I'm going to do one of two things. I'll either A) get myself fitted for a straight jacket and rent a nice padded room with a view; or B) smack them. Option A is not as much fun, but probably won't get charges pressed against me either.

Well, there is good news. we finally moved into our house about a year ago. we'd been remodeling forever. It's still only about 2/3 finished, but it's better than shelling out rent. There are bonuses to living in a house-in-process. Firstly, we don't have cabinet doors or anything on the kitchen cabinets, so grabbing things and putting dishes away is easy. But we don't have any regular doors on the interior of the house either. Like, for instance, on the bathrooms. Now, I live in a male-dominated household. I gave up any pretense of privacy or dignity a long time ago. But visitors still find it a bit disconcerting.

And the biggest bonus of all was getting rid of my pain-in-the-ass mooching brother-in-law. One day, when I can look back at the year and a half he lived with us and find humor in it, there will be a 20 page blog post about him. And if you're reading this, BIL, you know who you are, and good godamn riddance.

No comments: